Saturday, January 25, 2014

Just be You - CSI106

Well hello there.  I am playing along with CSI (Color Story Inspiration)'s latest case file. The colours that was used for this case file is soft and pretty and I decided that this photo of Leane in the play area of our garden would be just perfect.  Here is my layout:

Supply list: Cardstock:  American Craft: Patterned papers: Studio Calico, My Minds Eye; Stickers: My Minds Eye; Arrows: Freckled Fawn; Some sentiments cut from the Printable file for this case file; white alpha: American Craft: Other: Silhouette cameo for "you" and the teardrop diecut, PanPastels in Magenta and red Iron Oxide Tint for the butterflies; DMC cotton for stitching, sequins from the local haberdashery.

The Case File:

How I solved the case file:

The Scheme: I used all the colors

Evidence: ombre effect in the papers and the PanPastel stenciled butterflies, arrows, speech bubble, sticker quote, circles (stitched as well as the little sequins, stripes and a white background.

Testimony: I used the title "Just be You"...and my journaling reads: My dear princess, you are the only girls among 5 boys and I love you dearly. You have always been wild at heart and yet you love all things girly. You will always be my fairy princess with a dress that can "turn", a tiara on your head and hanging upside down from the jungle gym. I never want you to change...always just be you...my girly, wild child.   xxx Ouma Net


*************************************************
...and then there were the things I counted as things to be grateful for:
#64 ~ a meal lovingly prepared by Nadia

#65 ~ my "word" pendant arriving in the mail

#66 ~ Teaching the young ones in the ways of the Lord from an early age.  Yes, I eventually got that photo of Stefan saying grace...and if the eyes are closed the mouth MUST be open.

#67 ~ Seeing Leane win her "toffie atletiek" 50meter run.

#68 ~ I will always be grateful that we can be involved in there everyday events.

#69 ~ the joy of seeing pappa Wynie and Lukie run a race together and win.

#70 ~ my darling man being thoughtful enough to realize that I am sorely in need of a break and booking three days away at Storms River Mouth from today until my birthday.

Have a super weekend...I know that I am going to.

xoxo

22 comments:

  1. Hi Lynette! I absolutely love your beautiful layout. The photo is adorable and you scrapped it beautifully. I just love the butterflies and the word bubble! Your little touches make is even more amazing. And I love that you shared things to be grateful for. I especially love the smiles on the photos and your beautiful word pendant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pendant, that meal looks divine and I just love the praying boy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning layout as always. Love the spray of butterflies in the background. Great gratitude events.
    Wishing you a wonderful and relaxed weekend.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love your lo!! LOVING the colors and those butterflies!! And loving the photos!!! Enjoy your time away and Happy BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't believe how big Stefan is already!!! They grow too fast.

    It is a blessing to have grandparents involved on their grand kids lives...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful page and adorable photo's Lynette. Wishing you a peaceful weekend away. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A terrific page! I love the overlapping title and the butterflies! Love that photo of Stefan. Too cute how he opens his mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely page scrap, greeting from Belgium

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous page Lynette! it looks like a "clean and simple", but at the same time so many interesting details. Line hand made? Lovely photo! So cool to watch how they grow grandchildren))) I liked the pendant! And "a meal lovingly prepared by Nadia" looks very appetizing and probably tasty. Despite the fact that at us already middle of the night, I'll eat something, and then sleep)))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous page Lynette! Love the look of the scattered butterflies in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful layout Lynette....love the butterflies on the background & your layered title - looks fabo!
    Gorgeous pictures, as always....some really fabulous shots!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is stunning LO! so happy and colorful and so light at the same time! beautiful work, Lynette!
    another beautiful set of pictures! I take so little photos of our everyday life lately. it is really sad... :-(
    love your pendant!
    enjoy your getaway! that is such a wonderful place to be! happy birthday to you! stay blessed and loved and continue being such a huge blessing and bringing so much love to others! ♥ hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great photos! Looks like the grandchildren are great runners!
    That pendant is really very beautiful! Where do you order it from?

    Enjoy your time away!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the photo where his father runs with him :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous layout and the photos are amazing ... can see some layouts in the wings waiting to be formed.

    Your man sure is special ... Enjoy your get-a-way birthday girl~

    ReplyDelete
  16. This layout is so adorable, together with that precious photo, sweet!
    Have a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh such a pretty photo to use, and love the butterflies on your layout too.. and always enjoy your photos of your everyday.. and the photo of your grandie saying grace is precious.. love it..

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I love those thankful photos! Wish my kids' grandparents could be more involved too

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your posts always make me smile!! You have so much to be thankful for!! And so talented too - what a beautiful page!! Please let me know where you got your lovely necklace. I have shopped at one of those type of places in the past on Etsy but forgotten which one it was now :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous layout! Lovely layering and such pretty paintwork! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a great page Lynette! Love the details and love those butterflies, that just flutter across the page! Super, sewn circle as well! Love the photies and your everyday gifts...you are living the abundance! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. A beautiful layout! Love the teardrop diecut & the butterflies going across the page.....so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I love to hear them.