Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Mud Fun - Scrap Africa - Jillibean Soup

Hello dear friends.  It is time to reveal the Scrap Africa challenge for January.  The challenge this month is to use some product or item that you recycled/upcycled...what ever you want to call it...as long as it is something you are using that wasn't initially intended for scrapbooking.  

Here is the page I made:
Supplies used:  Cardboard for the background; Patterned papers: Jillibean Soup (Watermelon Gaspacho); Banner: Sassafras Lass; Alphabet: American Craft; Arrows: Sudio Calico; Other:  Crafters Workshop stencil and gesso, Circle stamp, Rollograph text stamp.

Yes...that is right the product I recycled was a box that I received some supplies in.  I cut it into a 12x12 square and then started distressing it to let the corrugated bits show.  Here are some close ups:

You can see how I applied the gesso through the stencil and then rolled the rollergraph stamp across to create more texture.

I edited my photo in Picassa because it was very washed out and Lukas blended with the background...I then applied the Holga-ish filter to the photo to bring out the colours.

I love how the bright and happy Jellibean Soup papers pop on the kraft background.

I used this sketch for my page:

This challenge is hosted by the really creative Billie-Jean
She also has this super little prize up for grabs.

In addition to Billie-Jean's prize shown above, there are these yummy goodies up for grabs!

You have until the 31st January to upload your projects!
We really look forward to seeing your creations and all those recycled goodies!

19 comments:

  1. It really works very well with the mud photo! Great work, Lynette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cardboard background Lynette and all those lovely bright fun papers and embellies. Lukas is certainly not afraid to get good and dirty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I need to shop for gesso and try this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little boys and dirt have a natural affinity. A fun, grungy and action packed page...love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is soooooooo gorgeous! I love love love love the colors, the circles, the stars and the hearts!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous layout, love the colors and that looks like a lot of fun in that photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AMAZING!!! I love the corrugated effect. Well done on thinking so far out of the box that I had to look a couple of times to see if I could see what you had used that was not originally meant for scrapbooking ...I love all the elements you have used on the page and how they work together. Your work continually inspires me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fun, you have an amazing ways to make the little boys layout look super awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea using the cardboard for your background Lynette!! Love the distressed look and the Gesso looks awesome! And I love what you did with the Jillibean goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your idea on using the cardboard Lynette! It looks amazing!
    I'm sorry I've been so quite these last few months. I am very determined to not let life get the better of me this year, so hopefully I will be more 'present' in blog land. Hope you are well my friend. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this fun and happy page Lynette! Love the bright colours against the neutral background! Love the paste, stamping and corrugated board....your messy looks pretty fine to me!!!!!!! LOL....Super page! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely adorable layout, Lynette! I just love your creativity and how you used a cardboard box as your recycled item! Your page is so much fun! Thanks for sharing it with all of us, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your corrugated background fits so well with your title & photo & I Love the bright colours you've used on top to create such a fun layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful layout Lynette! Such a sweet photo! Love the stenciled background and pop of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW!! Loving your background - that looks fabulous! And, the bright colors are so fun! Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning and so fun and colourful.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a super page Lynette, so fun and i love the splashes of colour along with the messy mixed media :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful page!! I am loving your creativeness right now!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I love to hear them.