Saturday, January 11, 2014

What is TIME to you?

Can you believe it is the 11th of January already?
Where does time go so quickly.
So often we go through tough times and we just want it to be over already.
But when it's gone it's gone...we will never live this moment again.
Yet we kill time waiting in line, we kill time waiting for flights...we kill time waiting....

  • “There comes a time when the world gets quiet and the only thing left is your own heart. So you'd better learn the sound of it. Otherwise you'll never understand what it's saying.” -  Sarah Dessen
  • “Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.” ― Mother Teresa
  • “As if you could kill time without injuring eternity” ― Henry David Thoreau
  • “Until you value yourself, you won't value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it. ” ― M. Scott Peck
  • “Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.” ― Henry van Dyke
  • “You can't stop time. You can't capture light. You can only turn your face up and let it rain down.” ― Kim Edwards
  • "Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you. ~ Carl Sandburg
  • “Being in a hurry. Getting to the next thing without fully entering the thing in front of me. I cannot think of a single advantage I've ever gained from being in a hurry. But a thousand broken and missed things, tens of thousands, lie in the wake of all the rushing.... Through all that haste I thought I was making up time. It turns out I was throwing it away.”  - Mark Buchanan
I read in "One Thousand Gifts" -  "They say time is money, but that's not true.  Time is LIFE.  And if I want the fullest life, I need to find fullest time....the busyness of your life leaving little room for the SOURCE of your life.  God gives us time.  And who has time for God?"  In Psalm 39:6 I read;"We are merely moving shadows, and all our busy rushing ends in nothing."  

I want to slow down, breathe deep, sit long, look carefully, listen intently, taste life and give thanks and glory to God.  In His embrace time loses it's sense of speed and stress.  Is this possibly the only way to slow time?

So I slow and I look for His glory in the everyday.

#29 ~ The first red arum lily in our garden
#30 ~ Anthurium blooming in a sunny spot

#31 ~ The face Stefan pulls when we say grace (still need a pic of that)

#32 ~ The gift of seeing relationships between cousins.

What is time to you?
Do you think there is any way in slowing it down?

xoxo

22 comments:

  1. Time is precious and we need to nurture it as we cant stop it from running out. But also remember to stop and smell the roses.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great post. This is reminding me that I want to re-read "The Road Less Travelled". I constantly try to remind myself to value each day, even the ones that are hard have a silver lining somewhere if I look hard enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love this post!! So very true!!! LOVING those quotes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your post! I so agree with it - we need to be very intentional with our time - it's the only life we have!

    And your first photo is GORGGGGGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marcia for the compliment about the photo. Sometimes I wish my eyes were a camera amd that I could develop the fleeting images that touches my heart.

      Delete
  5. Time waits for no man is what my mama always reminded me when I will drag my feet about getting something done and this is exactly what this post reminds me of.

    Pls capture Stefan's face during Grace, I'm sure it is priceless.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thing with Stefan is, the minute he sees me with camera in hand, he goes into clown mode and the moment is gone.

      Delete
  6. Yes time is life.. and as time passes so does our lives. each moment that passes will never be gotten back again and we do need to try and make each moment count.. but also to find balance between doing things and pausing and just enjoying the moment for what it is.. very interesting post!! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful post. yes, time slips by far too quickly. I have found that by participating in my PL I manage to slow down and capture the everyday, that I would ordinarily miss if i wasn't having to fill an album. I have also been a lot more selfish with 'my time', it is so easy to be busy with others all the time, and then I find that i lose sense of who I am. No good. PS, in PE 29 Jan :) Hope to see you xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 29th is the day after my birthday. I have so much to tell you...I am looking forward to spending some time with you xxxx.

      Delete
  8. Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.” ― Henry van Dyke - this is one of my favourite quotes of all time. My Mom ALWAYS says that time is the most democratic resource on the planet, because no matter what your social standing or race or sexual preference we ALL get 24 hours. I try to remember this and mostly I do. Just sometimes I waste the time that I have on arb nonsense and fighting with people and fighting losing battles etc. I must say that I am EXTREMELY selfish with my time and I've gotten a lot better with this over the years - especially since realising that it is imperative that I (as an introvert) get in enough alone time to recharge.

    I REALLY love these posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely words. Yes, my posts will be different from now. I intend being brave and sharing more about my life and ministry...as this is all tied in with that which I am grateful for and that which I count as gifts from the Lord.

      Delete
  9. A great post Lynette and so very true, with regards to our time! It is a fleeting thing and if not used wisely, is lost forever! It's so important for me this year to really spend my time on the things I want to and that are important to me, rather than just because I feel obligated...so priorities are certainly going to come into play! But yes, being in the moment and enjoying each day for what it is...is certainly one of those priorities! Love your photo's....so very beautiful! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful quotes! Time is the moment of NOW. Now is all that we have in our hands! I also need to focus more on now!
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ek het die naweek wat verby is, bietjie dit stadiger gevat en in die oomblik geleef. Dit maak die wereld se verskil.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So true...sometimes we wish it away and then later we puzzle about where it all went so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Since we can neither speed up time or slow it time, we should make sure we are filling wisely always. Great post to start my week, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great reminder to treasure each moment as it comes. What stunning photos, too!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I wish we could.... in the meantime I just try not to wish away time. To love the time we have, share the moments that count

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another wonderful, thought provoking post Lynette! I try to always do the best I can with the time we are given and have to regularly remind myself that I am NOT superwoman (boo hoo!!!) and also need to take some down time every now and again. Thank you for your inspiring post! I appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Never enough time for me! And particularly at the moment with all 4 kids at home & getting ready for Varsity!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I love to hear them.